Registration for this program is currently closed. Please contact us if you would like information on our upcoming group programs.
Based on the positive feedback from our popular Speed and Strength Program, we will be offering runners of all levels the option to continue honing their speed on the track OR running long on (asphalt) trails this fall. Our new Track and Trails program is appropriate for beginners looking to run their first 5K or move up to the 10K distance, runners who want to improve their race times at these shorter distances, and those who have their sights set on a fall 10-Miler or Half Marathon.
During Sunday group runs, runners targeting 5K and 10K races will do speed work on the track at Richard Montgomery High School while runners training for 10-miler and half marathon races will head out for a long run along the nearby Millennium Trail in Rockville.
The goal races for this program are the Army 10-Miler and the Rockville 5K/10K, but schedules will prepare runners for any fall (October through December) race from the 5K through half marathon distance.
Register by July 9th to receive a summer maintenance schedule (July 10th-September 3rd) to help you prepare to begin the group program in September.
This program runs from Sunday, September 4th through Sunday, October 30th. Registration includes:
- A comprehensive 9-week training calendar tailored to your experience and goals;
- Weekly group runs (track or trail/long run workout) held on Sunday mornings;
- Presentations and guest speakers on running-related topics;
- Technical running t-shirt;
- Exclusive discounts from local fitness-related services and retailers;
- Discounted race entry for Rockville 5K/10K;
- Personalized coaching and access to experienced, certified coaches for questions and schedule modification
Registration is $110 through Friday, August 12th and $130 if you register between August 13th and the start of the program. Click here to register. Questions? Email JulieAndLisa@runfartherandfaster.com.